"Short" Projects

Are always lies, and I know this, and yet here I am, being betrayed by a short project.

Just need to finish the last raw edge on the hose, and they'll be done—with luck, they'll fit. First fitted item for someone not me and all that. It'll be fiiiiiiiine.

Warping was unnecessarily traumatic last night. Needed to sand the loom (I knew that, I was just hoping to get away without it for this project), and then I got the whole thing warped up, managed to twist the first and last threads so they crossed in a way that would prevent me advancing the warp, didn't notice that until I'd trimmed the ends too short to attempt retying them correctly, and also had the tensioner set in the wrong place. sigh. Took everything off, looked sadly at the loom (Oh, and my heddles were quite a bit too long), and went home because it was late and I was at a friend's.

Of course, I got home and thought, "I should at least get it started so I remember what to fix in the morning." And I started warping...and finished warping...and started weaving because I already had the shuttle wound...and I'd put on Cold Mountain because it's great for listening to while working on things...and suddenly it was midnight and I'd woven at least two feet.

So the garters are coming along quite a bit faster than expected, and I think I really can get them woven and cut tonight.

And then I just need to find all my things and check the schedule/location/fees again, and pattern and cut and sew the belt I kind of forgot is important for K's garb. It's fine. And for the belt, I get to use running stitches, which will feel like flying after all the backstitching on the hose (this is the most fray-prone fabric I swear and it's wool, which feels like insult on top of injury, really). And I need to ply up some cord for the belt ties.

It would also be nice to have some project to sew at the event but let's not get too ridiculous.

I mean how would I find time for that? It's not like I don't have plenty else to do.

It's going to happen. I know. I have no sense of proportion.


Comments