New Projects!

What a shock.

I offered to help out at an SCA demo in August, which means I really ought to get proper fighting garb together. I want to fight as a 12th century Turkish man, so I need to make myself pants, a shirt, and a caftan by then.

I can at least start on the pants very soon, once I've finished K's shirt and hose (goal for tonight? get the rest of the shirt pieced, if not completely French seamed. French seams are probably-most-likely-very-not-period, but they're handy when you're working with lightweight linen). I have blue linen with no terribly specific purpose (it was supposed to be a gambeson but I didn't need nearly as much as I thought) of the right weight, and I'm pretty sure two yards of 60" fabric is plenty for me.

Luckily, the shirt can be largely based on my standard piecing for chemises (and made of scraps from K's undershirt), and the caftan should be reasonably simple to pattern. And I bought coral linen for the caftan today! Must be good and not buy any more fabric though. Plenty in the stash to play with, really.

Comments