So Very Close

I finished K's shirt last night, and contemplated patterning the hose, but my pattern is a little weird and I didn't think I had the brainpower, so that'll be happening tonight. I'm excited to finish this project! Not least because he looks gorgeous in it.

Hose pattern is funky because I was lazy about cutting pieces for the foot of the hose (I'm doing two-piece hose with the seam over the instep and one long back-to-toe seam) so had to kind of pin-piece and recut where the join on the bottom of his foot should be. I can fiddle with it until it's right, but I may wait to stitch everything together until I have a chance to pin the real pieces on him just to make sure. I don't mind wearing my slightly ill-fitting hose, since they were my first ever and I whipped them up the morning of the event I wore them, but I want his to be comfortable. Especially since he's mostly indulging me with this set of garb, and he's not familiar with the vagaries of fitting medieval clothing.

Next I need to pattern some nice full trousers to fight in (!!!) and I should probably finish my RenFest blouse. I've just lost interest in it...turns out I don't really like fantasy clothes unless they're complicated enough to make up for the lack of obsessive research opportunities. It really doesn't have much left, though—setting sleeves, gathering and binding the cuffs, hemming, and cutting and binding the neckline.

Comments