(Not) Wednesday Project Review

Which I was going to post about six hours ago, but ah well.

Fingerless mitts for H being shipped as soon as I get home!
• V's RenFest outfit: blouse, skirt, sash, and decoration
• My RenFest outfit: blouse and sash, and decoration
• 12th-century suit for K: bliaut, shirt, braies, and hose (and garters!)
• Late Turkish ensemble for Liz in Texas: shirt, pants, coat, veil, and hat
• Blue linen work dress
• Yellow wool bliaut
• Blue and red silk bliaut
• Ostentatious green and peach silk bliaut
• Four or five modern dresses/skirts/blouses
• Researching and practicing tablet weaving
• 12th century shoes

Nothing terribly new and exciting. Still haven't cut pieces for K's shirt. Still not likely to do so tonight. I did pick up the current spinning project for a bit last night, although at this rate it's going to be the end of the year before I ply it. Aiming for fingering weight three-ply, so it's quite slow going. I have a third of the fiber spun, though!

And I also have a rogue desire to make an 1850s-60s dress. Which has no business being in my head, that has nothing to do with any of my existing hobbies (except the obsessive historical research and detailed sewing) and I can't afford to spend that much money on something that would end up being a far-more-accurate-than-necessary Halloween costume.

Maybe I will actually cut pieces for K's shirt tonight after fighting practice. I do need to get his outfit together before the next event I plan to go to, just in case he can come.

Comments