I May Have Overestimated...

Several things, including my energy levels in an 80-degree house. I'm resisting turning the air on. So far I'm winning, it just means I move a little slower (and eat less!) at home.

K's shirt isn't pieced yet, but all it needs on that front are the two long side seams/setting in the sleeves, which happen in one fell swoop. And then lots of French seaming, since the two center gores don't have that yet, either. But I did get them set in today, and the shoulder seams are sewn and Frenched. Maybe I can get everything pinned in place once I get home, if not completely sewn up.

And then there's the trimming of the hem where the gores run past the rectangular panels, hemming (on the cuffs, too), and finishing the neckline. That's not very much.

It would be nice to get his hose patterned this weekend, too, so I have something a little smaller to bring with me. The full shirt only just fits in my bag, and I suspect it will get even more incorrigible with sleeves added. Must see if I have any dark green or black thread, too. I've done a lot of sewing with light, bright colors, so my thread stash is a little biased at the moment.

Goal for the weekend: finish K's undershirt. Entirely. I really like the idea of finishing an entire garment, even a simple one, in a week.

Comments