Wednesday Project Review

• V's RenFest outfit: blouse, skirt, sash, and decoration
• My RenFest outfit: blouse and sash, and decoration
• 12th-century suit for K: bliaut, shirt, braies, and hose (and garters!)
• Fighting outfit: trousers, shirt, and caftan
• Late Turkish ensemble for Liz in Texas: shirt, pants, coat, veil, and hat
• Blue linen work dress
• Yellow wool bliaut
• Blue and red silk bliaut
• Ostentatious green and peach silk bliaut
• Four or five modern dresses/skirts/blouses
• Researching and practicing tablet weaving
• 12th century shoes

A makeshift table of a blue plastic tote and a piece of raw plywood, with a clutter of sewing implements, a laptop, an empty glass, and several large amoeboid shapes cut from green and black twill fabric.
K's shirt is completely done, and his hose are just under halfway done; I'll probably be able to get one of them finished over lunch. That gives me two more days at work to finish the other, and I'm warping the inkle loom to weave garters tonight. Shouldn't be a long project. (If I keep saying that, it'll be true, right? Need to finish his clothes by Saturday, since we're hopefully going to an event then.)

It would be nice to have pieces cut for my fighting outfit by then, too, so I have something to work on at the event—there's always spinning, but I'd like to get the things with actual deadlines done. She says, as if deadlines don't always appear out of thin air to taunt her.

Comments