Wednesday Project Review

• V's RenFest outfit: blouse, skirt, sash, and decoration
• My RenFest outfit: blouse and sash, and decoration
• Fighting outfit: trousers, shirt, and caftan
• Late Turkish ensemble for Liz in Texas: shirt, pants, coat, veil, and hat
• Blue linen work dress
• Yellow wool bliaut
• Blue and red silk bliaut
• Ostentatious green and peach silk bliaut
• Four or five modern dresses/skirts/blouses
• Researching and practicing tablet weaving
• 12th century shoes

Executive decision: V doesn't really need a specially made sash for RenFest when I have plenty of scarves and we'll probably be buying her a jingle scarf there anyway. So I'm crossing that off the list. My blouse has pretty much stalled—I don't love the pattern I'm using, and I may end up ripping out what I've done and rethinking things. I have plenty of fabric to redo if necessary, although I was kind of thinking of making a skirt out of the extra. We'll see.

More pressingly, I have two weeks until the demo, and I really need to sew at least the caftan for my fighting garb. And talk to the master of our loaner gear about borrowing armour. I'm a fast seamstress, especially with lightweight linen, so it won't be a problem if I just do the work...or I could be lazy and attend the demo with a variety of fiber arts things. The knight organizing it says there's room for archery, too...

Off the list, I have completed quite a bit of weaving of various types, and I've been knitting again for the first time in a while, so it's not like I've been inactive. I also read Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, which had the strange disorienting feeling I'm coming to associate with Jeanette Winterson, and now I have Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, unfortunately in very small paperback form, so I can't really prop it open to read while I knit.

Comments