Twill Practice

Last night I was going to weave a bunch more of the pretty purple and orange star and diamond inkle, but I kept making mistakes and having to pick out bits, so I decided to see what mischief I could get into with the big loom.

A bright color gamp, with warp running in panels from left to right of white, yellow, orange, red, and purple, and weft blocks in a variety of colors. Every new weft color also shows a new set of twill patterns.
So, three twills with the treadling pattern that gives me diamonds in the red warp (and some in the orange warp, too). First section is 2:2, second is 3:1, and last is 1:3. No, there's no real reason I didn't do them in order. The 3:1 with that super shimmery silk is fun, though; it gleams through even when it's underneath warp threads.

A bright color gamp, with warp running in panels from left to right of white, yellow, orange, red, and purple, and weft blocks in a variety of colors. Every new weft color also shows a new set of twill patterns.
And then I decided to try something fun. 1:3 twill, with a sort of chattering treadling pattern (1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 3-2-1, 2-1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 3-2-1, 2-1). I'm intrigued, although I think if I try a similar pattern again I'll skip the repeated rows to avoid the doubled weft.

Comments