Long Weekend

A screaming red fabric belt with gold twisted ties on the ends, laid out in a pretzel shape on a tan couch, and a roll of orange and red inkle-woven tape.
First: proof that I did indeed finish sewing the belt and weaving the garters for K's garb in time. Early, even. By like...seven hours.

A photo over a black man's shoulder at a gym with people in medieval garb and armour holding metal fencing swords. He's wearing a bright-orange tunic with red collar trim.
And he looks stellar in everything together, although we do still need to overdye it so he's less screamingly neon. It's very apparent when he's near other people in garb.

A white hand holding a striped warp in white, yellow, orange, red, and purple, with the white and yellow pulled through the reed.
And I'm learning to use a real loom at last, with heddles and threading sequences and everything and it's very exciting. I have a five-color sequence to set up for a color/pattern gamp (it's hard to tell in photos, but there are distinct orange and red sections between the yellow and purple). So far I've wound a warp (with only one, very fixable, mistake. I'm delighted by this) and learned how to attach it to the front beam so it doesn't go anywhere, and I've sleyed the reed. Next is threading. I think.

(wheeeeeeee!)

Comments