Still No Pockets...

Two tissue paper pattern piece for a vest, front and back, laid out on a panel of striped patchwork fabric in greens, golds, and blues.
But here are the pattern pieces laid out on the finished outer fabric "quilt". Right before I cut through all those careful seams, praying the whole way that the strips would stay attached to each other long enough for me to finish their edges. There was a lot of excessively delicate handling after those pieces were cut, to increase my chances.

A close-up of the armscye of a patchwork vest lined in green linen, with a tiny whipstitch holding the layers together.
Second attempt at finishing the armscyes! Whipstitched, like the bottom hem. I tried seaming them at the same time as I did the long front edge, but when I tried to turn the vest I discovered that having both those seams done creates a möbius sweater. Great for extra-dimensional beings, not so great for humans. So I tore those out and repinned the edges to enclose everything.

Also added pieces of shoelace just inside the front edges to reinforce that area and give the buttons and button-loops more support, since this is an extremely fitted garment and I worried about tearing out the fabric. So tonight, buttons, loops, and pockets. The entire point of the garment. Yes. Those.

Comments