Gauntlet Alterations

A pair of metal mitten gauntlets with reddish leather mittens stitched in, turned palm-up and thumbs together on a wood floor.
The mitten on the right has drastically torn fingertips...but it's not preventing the gauntlet working yet.
I refitted my gauntlets last night, with our local armourer's help. Instead of steel cuffs all the way around, they're now half leather, so they should stop riding up and bruising my thumbs when I dare use my sword. We also changed the thumb articulation to a loose rivet (it had been a leather hinge), which seems both more inclined to stay in the correct position and closer to my actual hand size.

I still need to fix the torn mitten before it becomes a real problem, and I may be on the hunt for new mitts/gloves sooner than I had planned, but I should now be capable of greatsword, which will make my teacher happy.

Comments