New Project!

Because I always need more of those...

A tissue-paper vest front pattern with a sharply angled strap, pinned to a piece of green linen cut slightly larger. A tissue-paper vest back pattern, pinned to a piece of green linen cut slightly larger.
Patterns pinned and cut, and looking more like a real pattern than probably anything else I've made. I probably could've done with lengthening both pieces a bit, but I like the length I got—and it's too late now.

A rough-cut green linen vest with a deep neckline, draped on a cluttered dark desk.
A vest-shaped object! This will be the lining; it was also the test for the pattern, since sewing it together took maybe an hour if measured generously, so it wouldn't've been too heartbreaking to have to redo.

A panel of striped patchwork fabric in greens, golds, blues, red, and black.
The state of the outer fabric as of this morning. It now has four more strips added, and just five waiting to be sewn on, so I should be able to get them sewn, iron the whole thing, and pin and cut pieces tonight. I love the patterns and colors; they're all super cheap lightweight fabrics, so sewing through some of them is a royal pain, but they're pretty enough I forgive them. Thankfully I'm not trying for matched stripes, either, although the thought did occur to me. Sunday deadline is a little too close to allow for that kind of fiddling, though.

And the weaving is proceeding rather well. I finally got the selvedges mostly even most of the time, too!

Comments