Wee Flycatcher

A small black picture frame with a white double mat, a black background, and a finely detailed, stylized silhouette in white of a flycatcher.
Never mind the office detritus in the background...
For my mom's birthday this year, I made a very tiny flycatcher cutout; she's collecting monochrome art for a gallery wall she wants to put up, and wanted something of mine to put on it.

A delicate, stylized silhouette of a flycatcher cut from white paper, lying across a white hand. The cutout just reaches from the base of the thumb to the base of the pinky, across the palm.
The initial plan was to cut the bird out of white paper, more like a traditional silhouette, but I realized the lines would be more graceful if I kept the outline intact, so instead I went the terrifyingly delicate route.

Comments