October 2018 Projects

The September List

• Complete main motif for Bananabella's Christmas present
• Spin and ply remaining black alpaca
• Finish swatching for Kaw Valley Watershed sweater
• Finish C's Christmas present
• Lengthen and hem muted teal linen skirt
• Start Mum's Christmas present
• Make sheer bird blouse
• Make Draca and Bones' Christmas presents
• Make pincushion for QPT
• Wash white Shetland fleece
• Wash grey Corriedale fleece
• Wash brown Shetland fleece lock-by-lock
• Cut pieces for wool gauze tunic
• Finish Ireland knapsack

Not on the list, but still a project I finished—I added a pretty facing to the hem of my denim skirt. And made a whole other skirt, which was honestly a bit of a challenge when it was meant to be a quick project, but I love it now, so I suppose I forgive it.

The bird blouse is going on hold until after Ireland; I'm excited about it, but I've also realized that I'll need to do quite a bit of pattern modding for it to fit me well, and it features things like sleeve plackets and a shaped hem that I want to take my time on.

I did get started on the main motif for Bananabella's Christmas present, which is good, and it's going faster than I'd feared, which is better, and I have a secret ambition to have it finished by this weekend, which is insane. But not really...shocking...given the type of person I am.

The October List

• Complete main motif for Bananabella's Christmas present 
• Complete body for Bananabella's Christmas present 
• Ply black alpaca
• Finish swatching for Kaw Valley Watershed sweater
• Finish C's Christmas present
• Start Mum's Christmas present
• Make Draca and Bones' Christmas presents
• Wash grey Corriedale fleece
• Wash brown Shetland fleece lock-by-lock
• Sew wool gauze tunic
• Finish Ireland knapsack
• Prep four fat quarters of hexagons
• Inktober!

Lo, it's the return of the honeycomb quilt! I'm not likely to make my original goal of finishing hexagon prep by the end of the year, at this point, but I am going to take a bit of it to Ireland, as a very transportable and lightweight project. (Also, there's a very particular photo I need to take.) In a similar for-funsies category, I have the prompts for this year's Inktober written on my little calendar, and hopefully I'll be able to make it through the whole month this time. I'll aim for a few roundup posts with my doodles, like last year.

And the main motif of Bananabella's Christmas present must get done before I leave, and ideally I'd like the body to be done, too. I only have three days back in the country after that trip, and I predict I will be wrecked for most of them.

I'd also like to get the other fleeces washed, which will also entail running up some bags to keep them in—I made one already, and it was only about 2 hours of work, all told, so that shouldn't get much in the way.

Everything else is deadline sewing (or knitting) of various importances. We'll see what I manage.

Comments