May 2017 Projects

Once upon a time I was reviewing my projects weekly, but that is a) too often for the pace I typically work at and b) too much work in itself. Also it was stressing me out. However, I miss having a wee bit of accountability and that sense that I really am keeping track of how much I'm doing at any one point, so I'm going to try for a close-to-the-beginning-of-the-month rundown of things on The List, progress thereof, etc etc.

Ye Olde Liste

• V's RenFest outfit: blouse, skirt, sash, and decoration
• My RenFest outfit: blouse and sash, and decoration
• Fighting outfit: trousers, shirt, and caftan
• Late Turkish ensemble for Liz in Texas: shirt, pants, coat, veil, and hat
• Blue linen work dress
• Yellow wool bliaut
• Blue and red silk bliaut
• Ostentatious green and peach silk bliaut
• Four or five modern dresses/skirts/blouses
• Researching and practicing tablet weaving
• 12th century shoes

Okay, so since...whenever I last did this (late last year, I believe), I've actually completed a number of things, and done quite a lot that never even made The List. Technically I made myself a fancy vest for RenFest, not a sash, and the yellow "wool" is not a bliaut but a flashy cote with beaded trim, and I've actually made two pairs of fighting trousers...

I still have not touched tablet weaving. But I now have tablets! And once I get the current inkle project off my loom, I'll warp it to begin tablet weaving. Shoes also are still needed, and untouched, research- and project-wise. The Turkish ensemble for Liz in Texas is on hold, so I'm removing it from The List (although it'll remain on the-list-that-lives-in-my-head-and-is-ever-growing).

The New List

• Embroidered trim for green and peach silk bliaut
• Underbodice pattern for green and peach silk bliaut
• Dye green linen for K's Persian garb (long sleeved coat and salwar)
• Dye yellow linen for K's Persian garb (short sleeved coat)
• Stamp orange silk for K's Persian garb (long sleeved coat)
• Resist stamp and dye blue silk for K's Persian garb (short sleeved coat)
• K's green and yellow striped silk salwar
• Patterns for K's Persian garb (salwar, short sleeved coat, long sleeved coat)
• Reshape and finish cuisses and knee cops (this is dependent on shop nights)
• Cut and punch red plates for lamellar coat
• Pattern and make coral poppy sundress

That's probably enough to keep me going for a while. I'll check in on the list in June! High hopes for vast progress, though it may not appear so in list form. We shall see.

Comments