Further Doodling

Having drawn up lovely versions of K's new garb, colored with the ubiquitous and versatile office highlighters, I thought I might actually do some research...and now we have a much better plan for how to make garb that suits him and his purposes, and uses the fabric to the best of our abilities.

A set of four line-art figures in black pen, showing layers of Turkish medieval clothing on a generic male figure, and with annotations around the first figure.
I took this before finishing all my usual annotations. Just imagine lots more scribbling all around the figures.
He'll have a plain white shirt; two pairs of salwar (the green and yellow taffeta are my project; he'll be learning to construct salwar on some green linen I just ordered the dye for); a long-sleeved coat of orange silk stamped with red, and green linen on the reverse; a short-sleeved coat of resist-stamped silk dyed blue, and yellow linen on the reverse; and a turban. And shoes, but those are entirely on him.

A set of six line-art figures in black pen, showing different top styles. There's a variety of body types and hairstyles, and most of the tops are loose and flowing.
Everyone gets mitten hands because I'm not drawing all those fingers.
And then I had fun drawing up some designs for an exciting new idea I had...and which I just ordered muslin for. Fingers crossed, I'll have some exciting news here soon.

Comments