I Have an Inkling

A low-angle photo of striped rose and gold silk warp, stretched out to a stick suspended from a flipped-over kitchen chair.
Such pretty, pretty thread...
So this is my evening—setting up to weave a ceinture for my bliaut, and eating a delicious custard with blackberries in it (because I like to combine activities in unwise fashions, like eggy dessert and fine silk thread).

A striped rose and gold silk warp, stretched out on sticks suspended from flipped-over kitchen chairs.
...on such a makeshift loom.
The upside-down kitchen chairs have been vastly helpful in any number of craft projects, and once again they came to the rescue, since I don’t actually own an inkle loom. The way they’re set up, I managed to wind a continuous warp, too. Very exciting, especially since it means I didn’t have to fiddle with 41 ends of 20/2 silk trying its damnedest to turn into a Gordian knot.

The warp pattern is largely courtesy the pattern generator at Carolingian Realm, and the custards are from here. And now, it is time to make the heddles and start the weaving!

Comments