April 2019 Projects

The March List

• Paint brown wall teal
• Paint bedroom ceiling
• Cut stencil for teal wall
• Make longbow
• Make arrows
• Hexify 6 fat quarters
• Piece half-hexies
• Start Brussels sprouts
• Pull nails from broken-up pallets
• Sand pallets
• Paint living room end wall
• Fit and construct cut and thrust helm
• Finish the tunikurti
• Resist stamp outer cut and thrust coat layer
• Sew cut and thrust hood

I really don't know what I'm doing with my time, but it's not knocking things off the list, that's for sure.

I did spend a week last month at the Roots School in Vermont, making a beautiful Osage orange bow and a single splendid arrow, so that was definitely part of the deal. And skim coating took a lot longer than expected, so the brown wall isn't actually teal yet, but it is primed a rather nice robin's egg blue, so I'm counting it.

The April List

• Paint bedroom ceiling
• Cut stencil for teal wall
• Hexify 6 fat quarters
• Piece half-hexies
• Start Brussels sprouts
• Pull nails from broken-up pallets
• Sand pallets
• Fit and construct cut and thrust helm
• Finish the tunikurti
• Resist stamp outer cut and thrust coat layer
• Sew cut and thrust hood
• Set up rain barrels at back house corners
• Start veggie garden
• Turn soil at driveway edge

Because I have temporary roommates and between our stuff, the walls in the living room aren't exactly reachable, I'm pulling the painting for now. I do want to get my cut and thrust kit more pulled together, and it's officially start-the-garden season.

And I think I actually got through eightish fat quarters for the honeycomb quilts last month, which would be cool to do again. I'm starting to get antsy to start the construction, though there's still close to one-third of the fabric to hexify.

Comments