August 2018 Projects

The July List

• Tack layers for Bananabella's Christmas present
• Pack everything to go to the new house
• Pack and store everything not going to the new house
• Complete main motif for Bananabella's Christmas present
• Make Regency sundress
• Add pockets to blue summer skirt
• Add pockets to pink summer skirt
• Start Mum's Christmas present
• Finish and submit "Plates" to a lit mag
• Submit "The Carpet" to a lit mag
• Sort and organize craft supplies and closet
• Unravel grey pinecone sweater

Hrm. Not quite as blazingly successful as I'd hoped. I mean, there was the whole "moving house" thing, and then I didn't have quite the materials I needed for Bananabella's Christmas present, and of course all my supplies were packed so I couldn't use them.

Anyway. I did get a few things crossed off the list, and made progress on my current spinning project, and saw Faith Ringgold speak on her art oh my god. She's hilarious. Such a delightful dry wit, and her delivery is exquisite. And her ART is glorious. I'm so angry that in elementary school we were taught about her as if she were long-dead.

The August List

• Tack layers for Bananabella's Christmas present
• Complete main motif for Bananabella's Christmas present
• Finish 'Emerald Pools' singles
• Ply 'Emerald Pools'
• Spin and ply remaining black alpaca
• Finish swatching for Kaw Valley Watershed sweater
• Add pockets to blue summer skirt
• Add pockets to pink summer skirt
• Start Mum's Christmas present
• Finish and submit "Plates" to a lit mag
• Submit "The Carpet" to a lit mag
• Make sheer bird blouse
• Make Draca and Bones' Christmas presents
• Make five fabric market bags

Really truly this time. I'm gonna put pockets in my remaining skirts. Before summer ends, and before I get distracted making yet more skirts. I'm also adding a bunch of my spinning projects to the list; normally they just happen in the background, but I want to cross more things off, so onto the list they go.

I also need to get moving on the Christmas presents I'm making this year. None of them are terribly complicated, but if I don't start soon, I just won't have time to get them finished. And that would be sad.

And, to further enable my farmers market/crunchy granola aesthetic, I want to make some roughly-pint-sized drawstring bags to replace the plastic bags most vendors use to help contain things like blueberries and green beans and small tomatoes.

Comments