Ceinture

A sinuous length of striped rose and gold plain inkle weaving, laid out on green fabric.
Laid out on the bliaut skirt to show off the colors.
Attempt number two at weaving a ceinture (first attempt was vastly too short, because I forgot how much take-up there is in inkle weaving).

A length of striped rose and gold plain inkle weaving with slightly wobbly selvedges, laid out on green fabric.
I love the cute chain of rose running down the center.
I still have work to do with making neat selvedges, but I’m still pretty proud of this one. If there’s time (ha!) I’ll add tassels to the ends, too. I'm pretending I still have time to spare, like I don't still have to sew the hosen. I was vaguely thinking about sewing a new fillet, too; the one I've been borrowing is a wee bit small for my head.

Comments