November 2019 Projects

The October List

• Replace back door
• Pipe two pieces of the tunikurti
• Construct garden gate
• Install kitchen faucet
• Hexify six fat quarters
• Set bricks for clothesline patio
Find bricks for clothesline patio
• Inktober!
• Run 10k
• Finish cactus yarn
• Organize studio
• Wash even more wool

I made so many hexies this month—13 fat quarters' worth, which is about 936 hexies. I can see the finish line and I very much want to cross it. Of course, that comes with some delay on other projects, particularly other sewing projects, but I'm content to focus on this project for now.

I get to remove the garden gate construction, as I nicked the gate we used in my childhood home to keep my younger siblings from rolling down the basement stairs for repainting and outdoor life! I'm delighted about that, and I need to decide whether to paint it white again, or to give it new colors.

Spinning and wool washing proceeded at a decent pace, although freezing weather has arrived and I still have a pile of fleeces to wash. The studio may turn into drying space for wool next.

The November List

• Replace back door
• Pipe two pieces of the tunikurti
• Install garden gate
• Install kitchen faucet
• Hexify six fat quarters
• Fix straps of travel bag
• Lay out veil
• Sew rayon skirt
• Sew skirt mockups
• Figure out Christmas presents (eek)
• Sew up front window curtains
• Wash even more wool

The back door is finally on the menu! For real! So's the gate installation, some final garden prep before winter settles in, and a truly shocking amount of sewing I'm hoping to finish. Pray for me to whichever gods you think least likely to amuse themselves with my plight.

Comments