Yellow Work Dress

A dirty-mustard dress on a hanger, hooked over the lip of a door frame, showing mostly the floral beaded trim at the wide boat collar and open cuff. The trim in a floral design, with yellow vines, blue leaves, and red, white, and black flowers on a blue ground.
Pardon my hand.
This dress has been finished for a few months now, and I’m very pleased with it. After a few wearings, there are some beads that have loosened, so I’ll be going back to reattach them, but overall the trim is remarkably sturdy.

The only detail that annoys me is that center front seam, which wasn't supposed to exist at all, and was a correction to the much-too-wide neck I cut when I was working on this at an event, and it's not even perfectly centered because I missed when I was placing it. Grr, argh, etc.

The back of a dirty-mustard dress, showing the hemmed edges down the center back with bound eyelets, and a small, purple knitting needle lying in a fold of the dress.
Also charming purple knitting needle.
The first time this dress was worn I'd only barely had time to finish stitching on the trim, so I just laced cord through the fabric and called it done. Later I went back and bound the eyelets properly, with a sock knitting needle for an awl.

Comments